Machine-room-less (MRL) elevators do not have a dedicated machine room (MR). The machine sits in the overhead space on a traction unit, and is accessed from the top of the elevator cab when maintenance or repairs are required. The drive mechanism is located in the pit on hydraulic units.
Capacity: Up to 5,000 lbs
Travel Height: Up to 200 ft
Speed: 100-500 ft/min / 100-350 ft/min (if rail-mounted)
Drive: Traction, Hydraulic
- Space-saving design omits the use of a machine room
- Variable location of the control boxes inside the hoistway
- Flexibility in design, using non-proprietary parts and services
- Smaller overall footprint allows for wider application range
- Allows for front and rear openings
- Low energy consumption
- Custom design and aesthetic options configured to complement need and budget
- Manufactured and installed per current industry code standards
- Regularly scheduled preventive maintenance helps to minimize downtime
- Substantially higher material costs than hydraulic applications
- Pending authority-having jurisdiction, code issues may arise
- Standardized design makes application less replicable
We are an authorized dealer for many leading MRL elevator suppliers and manufacturers. We recommend the use of non-proprietary equipment because it ensures that your elevator installation brings the best value to your building.
The Case for DC Elevator
Please see our case studies for examples of how we solved our clients’ problems, and what they have to say about it. Contact us with questions about MRL elevators, discuss your building situation, and find out if this elevator type is right for you.