Traction elevators are the prime choice for mid to high-rise buildings, combining accurate and nearly unlimited floor travel with high travel speeds. They offer the flexibility you and your clients demand and can be tailored specifically to the building needs.
Capacity: Up to 6,500 lbs
Travel Height: Up to 500 ft
Speed: 100 ft/min to 350 ft/min (geared) / 200 ft/min to 2,000 ft/min (gearless)
Drive: Traction Geared, Traction Gearless
- Designed for four to fifty story commercial buildings
- Nearly unlimited floor travel
- Faster vertical travel than hydraulic systems
- Preferred elevator choice for high-rise buildings
- Allows for front, side, and rear openings
- Load/counterweight balance provides energy efficiency
- Machine room (MR) location flexible, pending building design choices
- Custom design and aesthetic options configured to complement need and budget
- Manufactured and installed per current industry code standards
- Regularly scheduled preventive maintenance helps to minimize downtime
We are an authorized dealer for many leading traction elevator suppliers and manufacturers. We recommend the use of non-proprietary equipment because it ensures that your elevator installation brings the best value to your building.
The Case for DC Elevator
Please see our case studies for examples of how we solved our clients’ problems, and what they have to say about it. Contact us with questions about traction elevators, discuss your building situation, and find out if this elevator type is right for you.